"Danger Zone" is the fifth episode of the fourteenth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 298th produced episode of the series. It is also the 409th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 19, 2017.
Owen helps Megan make the trip to California where she'll begin her new life with Nathan and her son but issues between the siblings soon emerge as Owen struggles to understand Megan's decision to start her new life away from Seattle and Megan tries to open Owen's eyes to the realities of the life he is leading, including his marriage. As the siblings journey, they reminisce about their time together in Iraq and the events that led to Megan's kidnapping. Meanwhile, Nathan begins his new life in California as he prepares for Megan's arrival and bonds with her adoptive son Farouk.
- "As surgeons we rely on cycles - heartbeats, cell regeneration, circadian rhythms. We know something's wrong when a cycle is broke, our duty is to fix it, to force the cogs back in line. But that break can also be useful, like a warning shot."
- "When we come to depend on a cycle, the thought of breaking it is scary. Even the cycles that cause us harm. But sometimes when we break the cycle we find something better, something unexpected, something we never dared to believe was possible. We find freedom. We find peace."
- "Push It" - Salt n Peppa
- "The Gambler" - Kenny Rogers
- "Heartbeats" - Aron Wright
- "Across The Room" - Odesza feat. Leon Bridges
This episode's title originated from the song Danger Zone, originally sung by Kenny Loggins.
- Owen narrates the voiceover for this episode
- Although creditited, Justin Chambers (Alex), Chandra Wilson (Bailey), James Pickens Jr. (Richard), Jessica Capshaw (Arizona), Sarah Drew (April), Jesse Williams (Jackson Avery), Camilla Luddington (Jo), Kelly McCreary (Maggie), Jason George (Ben) and Giacomo Gianniotti (Andrew) do not appear in this episode.